Winter Chicken Sweet Corn and Mushroom Soup
Nutrition (per serve):
Energy: 1389KJ (332Kcal), Protein: 23.5g,Total fat: 3.3g, Sat Fat: 0.75g, Carbohydrate: 47g, Sugar: 10.2g, Fibre: 8g, Sodium: 47.5g,
Prep: 10min Cook: 35min Serve: 4
Chicken breast (skinless, trimmed) 1 medium (250g)
Chicken stock (preferably home-made) 3 cups (750ml)
Brown onion 2 large (328g)
Fresh Corn (Kernels removed) 3 cups (810g)
Flat mushrooms ½ cup (42 g)
Couscous (uncooked) ¼ cup (45g)
Carrot 1 small
Garlic cloves (minced) 2 cloves
Extra water/chicken stock & salt optional
- Wash and cut the chicken breast into small pieces.
- Use food processor and crush corn kernels into creamy texture.
- Peel and cut onions into small cubes.
- Put onions, chicken pieces, chicken stock, crushed corn and minced garlic in a large pot. Mix well and cook on stove for 25 min.
- Cut the carrot and cleaned mushrooms into small pieces, add to the soup mix and cook for a further 5 min.
- Blend the soup and then add dry couscous. Mix well and cook for an additional 5 min until couscous is soft.
- Add more stock or water to reach the desired consistency.
- When ready garnish with extra corn and serve hot.